CHOREOLAB AT THE BARN
ATTENTION VERMONT AND NEW HAMPSHIRE CHOREOGRAPHERS
- Do you need a safe studio to create?
- Do you need space to rehearse but can’t afford renting a studio?
- Do you need time to focus on your work without distractions?
- Do you want your hard work to be seen and appreciated?
The Junction Dance Festival, Inc., is pleased to sponsor a program designed exclusively to promote choreographers’ artistic creation and collaboration. Eligible participants will be invited to use a well-equipped studio/performance space, and at no charge, for two months.
The program is limited to five choreographers and their dancers. Candidates will be selected on the strength of their application and their commitment.
The studio/performance space:
Located in Corinth, VT, The Barn was completely renovated and is now a gorgeous dance studio with a professional floor, mirrors and barre. Floor dimensions are 30’ width x 25’ depth, with high ceilings and no structural pillars. There is a separate area for changing and for breaks. The space is well suited for performance, and audio and wireless internet are available.
The nine-week program will run from May 29th to July 31st, 2021 Participants must commit using the studio every week through the duration of the program and for a minimum of three hours per day but not necessarily each day of the week. For example, participant 1, who is working on a solo, may need the studio every Tuesday for 3 hours, while participant 2, working with a group of dancers, may want to have more time and reserve the studio 4 hours on Mondays and Wednesdays. Spots on Saturdays and Sundays are available but are reserved for special situations when a participant cannot be free on weekdays. Participants will be assigned a final schedule according to their choreographic needs. The studio is open from 10:00am to 8:30pm, daily.
To be eligible choreographers must create an original work (has not been seen before), of up to 15 minutes in length, which will be performed on July 31st at the Barn, as part of a fundraising event to benefit The Junction Dance Festival. In addition, choreographers must commit to a mid-program work-in-progress performance at The Barn on Thursday July 1st. As determined by Covid-19 guidances from the State of Vermont, the performances will be attended by a live audience, or filmed and presented via social media.
- Only artist-choreographers residing in Vermont and New Hampshire are eligible to apply. Struggling professionals and amateurs alike are encouraged to apply!
- There is a $25 nonrefundable application fee.
- This is NOT a residency program.
- There are no lodging facilities on premises, and snacks/meals/drinks will not be provided.
- If accepted you agree to adhere to your appointed schedule, to be punctual and to respect the studio space and its environment.
- COVID precautions will be strictly implemented for the duration of the program.
Click the button below to apply. Applications are due by midnight, April 30th, 2021. Acceptance to the program will be notified by email on May 14th.
for more information, please contact Elisabeth Kurylo at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 802 439 9117.